Reynolds and Reynolds is one of the top providers of premium integrated computer solutions for automobile dealerships worldwide. In business since 1866, we continue to grow and provide cutting-edge solutions for all aspects of dealerships.
The Technical Writing Specialist will work on a technical writing team in the documentation department developing hardcopy manuals and on-line reference materials for software products. You will conduct product testing before documenting new changes and have the opportunity to suggest improvements to existing Reynolds and Reynolds software. You will make sure your documentation is accurate and complete by working with product software manuals. You will contribute topics for monthly publications covering new features released to customers and you will have contact with some customers to gather information when a request has been made for a product or service we do not currently offer. You will also be in charged of keeping help boxes up to date within the software for the clients to use. You will write the instructions within the help boxes and test the instructions to ensure the result is correct.
Your training will consist of four months of combined classroom education and hands-on training to learn the Reynolds and Reynolds software. You will complete a training guide to understand the Reynolds and Reynolds style standards and processes for updating and maintaining software reference materials, learn the Interleaf desktop publishing software, and work closely with an assigned mentor as you become familiar with departmental procedures and begin assuming responsibility for your own projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Houston, TX based position with no travel involved
• Basic computer knowledge required
• Good spelling, proofreading, grammar and editing skills
• Detail-oriented, deadline driven, and organized
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) — 100% matching up to 6% of compensation
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Eight paid holidays
• Professional development and training through our internal training department
• Promotion from within
• Discounted membership to local area fitness centers.
• Company sports leagues including softball, volleyball, soccer, and many more
• World-class cafeteria with a variety of daily options and specials
• Company-sponsored events including the Family Picnic, Company Cook-Off, and a number of charitable activities.
• Credit union membership
• Referral bonuses
• Associate discounts for cell phones, cars, computers, entertainment, and much more
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. To apply, please submit your resume to Careers@reyrey.com
- – – – – – – – – -
** DISCLAIMER: FreelanceVenue does not verify the validity or authenticity of each job posting, like the one above. Apply or inquire at your own risk! **
- – – – – – – – – -